LaMelo Ball shares brief reaction to car crash during All-Star break

The Charlotte Hornets missed a chance to earn a big win over the Houston Rockets, falling 105-101 at the Spectrum Center on Thursday night, but LaMelo Ball is grateful that he was even able to play. After losing, the star point guard spoke up on car accident he was involved on Wednesday.
“Unfortunately, {but} they’re all cool, so they’re good blessings,” Ball told the media, per Rod Boone of the Charlotte Observer . “God is great.”
The 24-year-old, who was driving a custom-built Hummer through an intersection, collided with another vehicle in downtown Charlotte. Shot of the scene It appears to show Ball swerving out of his lane and into another car. However, it is still not entirely clear what exactly caused the accident. One of the hammer’s wheels rolled off after the impact, but it’s hard to tell when it started to come loose.
LaMelo’s postgame press conference: reaction to the fall, his game tonight and more. pic.twitter.com/1CfT3J9jPh
— Rod Boone (@rodboone) February 20, 2026
Luckily, the former Rookie of the Year said, no one was seriously injured. The other person involved in the accident got out of his vehicle immediately after the accident. After the police had already arrived at the scene, Ball left in the Lamborghini that came to pick him up. A reporter asked him why he walked away from the wreck, but the 2022 All-Star didn’t answer the question. “No, you have to check it out,” he replied.
LaMelo Ball was clearly unable to drive a hummer, so it makes sense for him to call for a drive. It would be assumed that he gave the necessary information to the police and the other driver before leaving the scene. Although, because of its history on the road, people will be especially curious about the accident.
Video compilations can be found showing him driving recklessly. In 2024, a woman filed a lawsuit against the Hornets playmaker for stepping on his son’s leg. The child and others hovered around Ball’s vehicle before he drove away from the arena. He denies responsibility, claiming the boy put himself in danger.
The No. 3 overall pick in the 2020 NBA draft clearly wants to put this latest incident behind him immediately. The day after the accident, he scored 11 points on 5-of-14 shooting, with seven assists and seven rebounds.
2026-02-20 05:54:00







