The promoter predicts Anthony Joshua’s timeline for his return to the ring after the car accident

The promoter provides a timeline of when Anthony Joshua could be back in the ring after a fatal car accident claiming the lives of his friends Sin Ghami and Kevin “Latif” Ayodele.
Eddie Hearn shared his prediction for when he will see Joshua backing away in the ring.
“At the end of the summer, I believe, but physically he’s still not in a position to go back to camp,” Hearn said Thursday in England, according to TMZ.
While he’s sure to return, fans shouldn’t expect him in the ring anytime soon. Joshua has already had to postpone a potential August fight against Tyson Fury because of the incident.
“I think any fight is dangerous, given what he got,” he said. “We’re open to fighting Fury, but probably (around) the end of the year, maybe early 2027.
Anthony Joshua pays tribute to friends killed in road accident in Nigeria
Joshua has broken his silence on the crash that claimed the lives of his personal trainer Ayodele and strength coach Gami, with a message on social networks. He spoke of his emotional struggle with their deaths, as well as his gratitude to those who helped at the scene.
“It’s hard. It’s really hard. I’m not going to sit here and show all your emotions,Joshua said on social media. Addressing the loss, he further claimed, “I’ve lost people before, but I don’t think I’ve lost people like this. My left and my right.”
“I also want to take this moment to show a huge thank you to the first responders, everyone who rushed to help Lac and Sina, those who helped me get to the hospital and all the locals who prayed for us at the scene.”
He also honored his late friends with a tattoo that read “Latz Sina.”
After the death of Ayodele and Gami, the driver, Adeniii Mobolaji Kaiode, was charged last month dangerous driving, negligent and careless driving, driving without due care, and driving without a valid driver’s license.
2026-02-20 04:56:00







